At Family Eye Care, we are pleased to offer all forms of optometric care, ranging from the routine to ocular emergencies. Our experienced optometrists can provide you with thorough eye evaluations, determine if you need corrective lenses and your exact prescription strength, fit you with the appropriate specialty eyewear, and help you pick out the most flattering pair of glasses for your face shape and skin tone.
Our new patient appointments always begin with a comprehensive eye exam. If you are unsure of your family’s eye health history, it’s helpful to research beforehand, so we can better evaluate your own eye health. Visit our online patient center to download supplemental forms you can fill out before your appointment. If you have never had a comprehensive exam, don’t worry! All the tests and exercises are simple and painless.
Comprehensive eye exams may include:
- Testing visual acuity or refractive error
- Pupil evaluation with or without dilation
- Examination of peripheral visual field
- Color vision testing
- Analysis of the visual systems
- Examination of the external parts of the eye
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Examination of the health of the entire eye
Our experienced optometrists can diagnose and treat eye diseases and identify general eye health problems including diabetes, anemia, high blood pressure, and others. We can also test for and fit specialty eyewear for sports, occupations, other activities and hobbies, and safety glasses.
Our Optometric Services:
- Comprehensive eye exams
- Fitting of specialty contact lenses
- Macular disease management
- Glaucoma screening and treatment
- Sports vision
- LASIK referrals
- Cataract evaluations
- Dilated eye exams for patients with diabetes
- Emergency eye services (foreign body removal, red eye/pink eye, etc)
Some of our doctors also routinely visit local nursing homes to provide more convenient care.
Facilities and Equipment
Our wheelchair friendly office is conveniently located behind Jo-Ann Fabrics in Kennewick. We are readily accessible to Dial-A-Ride.
Our multi-doctor office provides you with the best care available. We have some of the latest technologies to monitor and treat glaucoma, macular degeneration, keratoconus, and other ocular conditions.
We also work very closely with local retinal and cataract specialists to bring you the very best care possible.